[Scilab-users] Test statistics with linregr function

Eric Dubois grocer.toolbox at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 10:08:36 CEST 2014

Hello Samuel.

For the standard errors of the coefficients, they can be derived from the
results fo the regression.

You have to store these resulst in atlist, say myres as follows:
--> myres=ols([your input])

and then
--> stderr=myres('beta') ./ myres('tstat')

For the Z statistics, could you precise what you mean by that? (if ypu mean
the Student statistics, then they are already displayed on screen in the
colum t-statistics adn can be recovered as myres('tstat')

As for confidence intervals, it is a little bit more tedious but also
feasible:
--> scale=cdft("T",myres('nobs')-myres('nvar'),0.025,0.975); // from the
Student distribution takes the value acheiving the 0.05/2 lowest part of
tyhe distribution
--> conf=[myres('beta')+scale*stderr , myres('beta')-scale*stderr]
// build the 0.95 confidence interval from the coefficients and their
standard error ; note: instead of sclae you could use the -asymptotic-
value of 1.96

I will add these fetaures in a future Grocer version/.

Éric.