[Scilab-users] Polynomic regression

Amalia Susana amalia39ar at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Jun 29 05:12:56 CEST 2014

Hello: I´m new in Scilab and need some help in calculate a regression
analysis between the coefficient of asimmetry and the shape parameter. The
equation is very complicated, and I need to search a solution of the
equation in polynomic form.

The equation is:

function y=f(x); y=
(x/abs(x))*(-gamma(1+3*x)+3*gamma(1+x)*gamma(1+2*x)-2*gamma(1+x)^3)/
/(gamma(1+2*x)-gamma(1+x)^2)^(3/2)

and I want to get a polynomic with x as the dependent variable of y (x is
shape parameter and y is the coefficient of assimettry).
if x < 0 and (1.14 < y<10) one polynomic expression
if x > 0 and (-2< y < 1.14) another polynomic expression
if x < 0 and (-10 < y < 0) another

how can I shall do something like this?

Thanks!!