[Scilab-users] Polynomic regression

Dang, Christophe Christophe.Dang at sidel.com
Mon Jun 30 10:50:53 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm afaraid I don't understand very well your problem.

You give us a function, not an equation.

> and I want to get a polynomic with x as the dependent variable of y (x is shape
> parameter and y is the coefficient of assimettry).

You have a collection of values, and you expect them to match a parametric model.
The regression is a way to adjust the parameters of the model.

>From what I understand, you have a collection of (x, y) values, and want to find a polynomial relationship
x = p(y)
is it right?
A kind of inverse form of the f function?

--
Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan
Mechanical calculation engineer