[Scilab-users] Writing help for ATOMS module

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 20:37:50 CET 2014

Hi Samuel / everybody

I successfully ran xmltojar().

I don't understand what you say about "myModuleRoot\jar\" ... are you
sure this is needed also for ATOMS modules and not just for "extensions" ?

... but now when I try to install the module I get:

-->atomsInstall('C:/Users/xxx/Documents/Scilab54/Archives/CMA-ES-1.0-2-src/CMA-ES_1.0.zip')
  !--error 21
Invalid index.
at line     167 of function atomsInstall called by :
S-1.0-2-src/CMA-ES_1.0.zip'

What am I doing wrong now?

Samuel - if I send you my CMA-ES_1.0.zip file, would you be willing to
take a look at it, in particular regarding the help files?

/Claus

On 04-Mar-14 20:09, Samuel Gougeon wrote:
> Hi Claus,
>
> Le 04/03/2014 19:54, Claus Futtrup a écrit :
>> Hi there
>>
>> I'd like to write a proper (working) help section for the CMA-ES
>> atoms module.
>>
>> If I read online documentation, it claims I must use DocBook format,
>> but it is confusing that none of the ATOMS modules that I have
>> installed (PSO + Apifin) actually follow this. Their help files are
>> in an archive - and when uncompressed I find HTML + Java code.
>>
>> The toolbox-skeleton shows a different way, with DocBook format.
>>
>> Which is the right one - and will be supported in the future?
> You must write pages in XML format with Docbook tags (with Scilab
> extensions).
> Then, XML files must be gathered in a help tree of dirs and subdirs
> (for different languages and possibly subsections).
> Then, xmltojar(..) must be used to yield the jar (that is indeed a set
> of zipped HTML files)
> Finally, jar files (one per language) must be set in a
> myModuleRoot\jar\ sub-directory.
>
> HTH
> Samuel

---