[Scilab-users] fmincon won't work

anastasia athanasiou athanasiou at dica.unict.it
Thu Mar 13 19:31:51 CET 2014

Hello everyone,

it is true, I couldn't produce any meaningful results using /fmincon/ in
Scilab 5.4.1, while the module worked perfectly in the previous version
(Scilab 5-3.3).
However, running the nonlinear constrained optimization problem in
Scilab proved  rather slow.
Scilab required the triple time for the solution of the  program with
respect to Matlab.
At this point I should add that I was very careful to use the same
optimset in both Scilab and Matlab runs.

Does anyone have any experience in /fmincon/ time performance in Scilab?

PS. Stéphane, is the fsqp toolbox accessible to all Scilab users?

Thank you for your attention, Natasha