[Scilab-users] fmincon won't work

Stéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Fri Mar 14 18:55:12 CET 2014

Hello,

Le 13/03/2014 19:31, anastasia athanasiou a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
>
> it is true, I couldn't produce any meaningful results using /fmincon/
> in Scilab 5.4.1, while the module worked perfectly in the previous
> version (Scilab 5-3.3).
> However, running the nonlinear constrained optimization problem in
> Scilab proved  rather slow.
> Scilab required the triple time for the solution of the  program with
> respect to Matlab.
> At this point I should add that I was very careful to use the same
> optimset in both Scilab and Matlab runs.
>
> Does anyone have any experience in /fmincon/ time performance in Scilab?

It seems that nobody cares about optimization issues in the Scilab
team... Common guys, at least show that you are still alive ! Are you
just able to send us e-mails about the Scilab-Tec event :-D ? The
problem with sci-ipot seems to be an issue with the interface code,
maybe someone out there could be able to help a little bit ? I thought
that "Scilab complimentary modules" were supposed to get some particular
support from the team.

> PS. Stéphane, is the fsqp toolbox accessible to all Scilab users?

Of course. Which platform/os are you using ?

S.