[Scilab-users] Scilab versus matlab

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed May 14 01:45:58 CEST 2014

Hello,

As answered by Christophe, you shall use deff(..).
In Scilab, all functions are somewhat anonymous, in the way that their
names are "handles"
that some functions may accept as is (functions names are some variables
with specific types).

Some examples:
deff("y = what_do_you_want_to_do(action, param)", "y = action(param)")
-->what_do_you_want_to_do(sqrt, 2)
  ans  =
     1.4142136

-->what_do_you_want_to_do(max, [2 -1 3 0])
  ans  =
     3.

-->what_do_you_want_to_do(min, [2 -1 3 0])
  ans  =
   - 1.

It is possible to make aliases of functions as of variables:

-->quadratwurzel = sqrt

-->quadratwurzel(2)
  ans  =
     1.4142136