[Scilab-users] Bicycle Dynamics

Gona www.kanibani at gmail.com
Tue May 13 13:30:26 CEST 2014

Hi Christophe,

first of all let me thank you so much for your time and effort on this.

I was referring to this wiki article from the beginning.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_and_motorcycle_dynamics

About the points that you have raised,
> I guess this is the bicycle seen from behind (or front, no matter), and
> that the frame of reference is the bicycle.
	Yes it is the bicycle seen from behind

> You forgot to define w, delta and phi.
	where r is the approximate radius,
	w is the wheelbase,
	θ is the lean angle,
	δ is the steer angle, and
	φ is the caster angle of the steering axis

> The rotational equilibrium in the frame of reference is just v^2/r/g =
> tan(theta).
	That is true for the rotational equilibrium. But what I have done is
deriving an deferential equation describing the system.

> You did not specify what you are drawing.
	In the first xcos schematic what I have shown is how I implemented above
equation in xcos.
	In the second picture what I have shown is the impulse response of the
system ( The out put theta to the impulse input delta)

Thanks a lot for the effort and I really do appreciate it.

Best
Gona