[Scilab-users] Xcos simulation problem with Scilab 5.5.1

JWE elnjwei at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 08:59:51 CEST 2014

Hello Clement,

Thank you for checking my diagram.
As you suggested, I stripped the diagram to a very simple one; sinus-source,
amplifier and a scope (see attachment).
When I run it (in Scilab 5.5.1, 64 bits) on my office machine I still have
the slow scope updating. But when I run it on my home pc, I have no problem
at all.
The office pc: Core i3-2100 @ 3.1 GHz, 4 MB memory and no GPU. Windows 7, 64
bits.
My home pc: Core i5-3210 @ 2.5 GHz, 8 MB memory and a NVIDIA GeForce GT650M
GPU. Windows 8.1, 64 bits.
The main difference seems to be the presence of a dedicated GPU.

But even more strangly is the observation that when I change the gain block
(GAINBLK_f) by a gainblok of type "GAINBLK", the simulation runs quickly!
(When I use the gainblock "GAIN_f", it runs slow again)
Unfortunately, when I change all the gain blocks in my original diagram by
gain blocks of type GAINBLK, the simulation still runs slowly....
Note that with Scilab 5.5.0 (64 bits) I don't have these problems.

Best regards,
Jan.
ADC_test_550_551_rev.zcos
<http://mailinglists.scilab.org/file/n4031330/ADC_test_550_551_rev.zcos>