[Scilab-users] Scilab command line: 'unable to open display'

Matiasb matiasb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 12:08:40 CEST 2014

Thanks Mark, Vincent,

I'm now being able to run scilab as expected. It was more than one thing,
so just for future references this is what I did:

- Im using SLC6 which unfortunately does not support GLIBC_2.14, so
couldn't use the night build. To solve this I went back to an older version
of Scilab (5.4 worked well for me)

- Then, I had to install some dependencies with the necesary libraries:

   - sudo yum groupinstall 'X Window System'

   -

   sudo yum install libXScrnSaver

(which is not optimal because I don't need the graphics... but it works :-))

Cheers and thanks again!
Matias