[Scilab-users] Simulation of static general equilbiirum model

Michael J McCann mjmccann at ieee.org
Sat Sep 27 12:46:10 CEST 2014

In general this is not a 'simulation' problem. Static equilibrium
involves no dynamics, but I have in the past used analog computing ideas
to get to a static equilibrium because the system  was intrinsically
stable.

If you have (or can create)  the underlying differential equations and
are looking for their equilibrium then you can just let it run till it
settles to the steady state. A trick is to ignore the coefficients of
the  dx/dt terms and make them all the same e.g. unity  and then the
convergence can be speeded up. When you have done all that you have a
sort of successive approximation method for equilbrium but really you
should be getting help from someone who will guide you into the usual
numerical techniques e.g Newton Raphson.
Mike.
On 2014-09-27 9:32, Mathseco wrote:
> Hi i'm new to scilab !!!
>
> I have a static general equilibrium model with 8 endogenous variable and 8
> independent equations.
>
> Can anyone guide me how to do simulation of such model in scilab ? I want to
> get the values of endogenous variable in the model by solving those
> equations for different values of exogenous variables.Please guide
> me....Thanks

Dr.M.J.McCann,MJMcCann-Consulting