[Scilab-users] Simulation of static general equilbiirum model

Eric Dubois grocer.toolbox at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 12:55:38 CEST 2014

Hi.

Well, in Scilab you will have to write a function with the text of your
equations transfroemd so that your endogenous variables appear as
corrdinates of a vector (such as param(1),..., param(8) since you have 8
endogenous variables) that takes your endogenous variables as a vector of
parameters; you can thereafter use Scilab function fsolve that solves a
system of n non linear equations with n unknown variables.

This a very manual way to proceed. In particular, you have to handle the
time dimension by hand. I am currently working on a somehow industrialized
version of that (not achieved; for insatnce it does deal yet with dynamic
models and coefficients must be dela manually), that could work in your
case. If you are interested in them, I can communicate them to you.

Eric.