[Scilab-users] Outputting a "continuous" sound with Scilab

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed Apr 29 22:35:34 CEST 2015

Le 29/04/2015 22:19, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
> Hello Antoine,
>
> Le 24/04/2015 16:31, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm trying to use Scilab to generate a soundwave with a given
>> frequency and output it continuously. .../...
>>
> If you are successful in installing Python 2.7 and NumPy, you may try
> using the PIMS module and execute the following code with pyEvalStr(..):
> import  audiere
> d  =  audiere.open_device()
> t  =  d.create_tone(17000)  #  17  KHz
> t.play()  #  non-blocking  call
> import  time
> time.sleep(5)
> t.stop()
May i add that i did not succeed finding any *Java* code able to trig
such a sound emission in a non modal (non blocking) way. Yet, it would
be better to use JIMS rather than PIMS, since a) JIMS is supported by
Mac OS X, whereas PIMS is supported "only" on Windows and Linux  b) JIMS
does not require installing an external library as Python and Numpy.
You may also dig this way! Java developpers may provide interesting hints.

Samuel