[Scilab-users] Symbolic computation in Scilab

duce doole93 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 19:43:23 CEST 2015

Greetings everyone.
I'm completely new to Scilab so forgive my if this question is to simple.
I need some sort of way to allow symbolic computation in Scilab. I need to
execute commands like *symsum*, and for that, based on my current research,
i need to install some kind of additional toolbox. I have Windows 8.1, and i
have seen certain toolboxes which require explicitly Linux. I have a very
limited amount of time to do a project in Scilab for z-transformation of
discrete time signals (next 4-5 days) and so I really need to be able to
execute little scripts like this one.

syms n z;
a = 0.5;
x =(a)^n
X = symsum (x*(z^(-n)),n ,0, %inf )
disp (X," ans=")

Any help, in form of some instructions, download link for additional
software or anything else would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance