[Scilab-users] Symbolic computation in Scilab

duce doole93 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 04:29:36 CEST 2015

Another thing i wanted to ask. When executing a script such as this
Syms n z ;
x1 =(0.33) ^( n )
X1 = %sym_sum (7* x1 *( z ^( - n ) ) ,n ,0 , %inf )
x2 =(0.5) ^( n )
X2 = %sym_sum (6* x2 *( z ^( - n ) ) ,n ,0 , %inf )
X = X1 - X2
disp (X , 'a n s=' )

i get something like this

a n s=

                %inf            %inf
                \     0.33      \     0.5
                /       n       /       n
                n = 0           n = 0

Since I'm a newbie in Scilab, and I'm also not particularly good with the
mathematical background of the z-transformation (I'm still learning it), is
this the output I should be getting from the sequence of commands above?