[Scilab-users] Atoms fail and changing SCIHOME

amonmayr at laas.fr amonmayr at laas.fr
Thu Dec 3 17:10:13 CET 2015

Hi all,

We've just discovered that on scilab 5.5.2, atoms is not working on our
Windows machines:

atomsGUI()
WARNING: mputl: Cannot open file \\servername\username\[..skipping some
boring stuff...]\scilab-5.5.2\.atoms\config.

It might be a problem with our setup where the homedir of our users are
on network shares.
Many Windows scripts are failing when accessing the files using the
network path "\\servername\username\..."
The network shares "\\servername\username" are mapped locally to a drive
letter "Z:" and usually, changing the path from
"\\servername\username\..." to "Z:\\..." solves the problem of write access.

So here is my question how do I change SCIHOME (to replace
"\\servername\username\" by "Z:\")?
I tried, predef, looking in scilab.start, ... but without success.

Any hint?

Cheers,

Antoine