[Scilab-users] Retrieving normal Scilab console after user function error

Rafael Guerra jrafaelbguerra at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 5 16:20:10 CET 2015

Dear Scilaber's,

While running a Scilab user script, my program aborts when calling one user
function (due to some errors yet to be fixed inside the function).

My question is about Win7 Scilab 5.5.2 Console's behavior:
None of the main script variables are available in the Scilab console after
abortion.  More puzzling, none of the native Scilab functions are recognized
(typing any Scilab commands produces !--error 4  Undefined variable).

The sole way to get back to a normal Scilab behavior and resume with the
function debugging seems to be exiting Scilab and restarting again.

Does anyone has any clues about this problem?

Thanks and regards,

Rafael