[Scilab-users] Changing Java JDK/JRE version used by Scilab

Joo Cat joodlink at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 08:12:54 CET 2015

I have a Java class which was compiled using JDK 1.8. When I try to import this class into Scilab, it gave me an error which says: Unsupported major.minor version 52.0.
I suspected that this could be due to Scilab using an older JRE. So I checked using system_getproperty('java.version') and it shows 1.6.0_41. Is there a way to change the JRE version used by Scilab?
Similarly, is there a way to change the JDK used as well? If I try to compile a source file that have features from newer JDK using jcompile, it will give an error. Thanks!