[Scilab-users] Changing Java JDK/JRE version used by Scilab

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Wed Jan 28 13:47:09 CET 2015

Hello,

Le mercredi 28 janvier 2015 à 15:12 +0800, Joo Cat a écrit :
> I have a Java class which was compiled using JDK 1.8. When I try to
> import this class into Scilab, it gave me an error which says:
> Unsupported major.minor version 52.0.
> I suspected that this could be due to Scilab using an older JRE. So I
> checked using system_getproperty('java.version') and it shows
> 1.6.0_41. Is there a way to change the JRE version used by Scilab?

Depending on your platform, there is a standard way to change it however
Scilab is distributed using an old JVM to avoid regressions, avoid doing
that. Basically, setting the JAVA_HOME environment variable change the
selected JVM.

> Similarly, is there a way to change the JDK used as well? If I try to
> compile a source file that have features from newer JDK using
> jcompile, it will give an error. Thanks!

Again depending on your platform and JVM, jcompile can use a more recent
compiler ; ecj is provided as a fallback compiler.

--
Clément