[Scilab-users] XCos: custom block, error 'Undefined Function Type'

StefanT S.Thonhofer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 14:43:15 CEST 2015

hi,

I am trying to introduce a new custom block for interfacing our simulation
tool. the communication will be done via a Dll. the computational function
of my block is a Scilab (Type 5) function which will exchange the data with
the Dll. I am using Scilab 5.5.2 32bit.
For writing the interface function and computational function I followed
mainly the book "Modeling and Simulation in Scilab/Scicos". If anybody knows
of an equally detailled but more recent manual please let me know.

I wrote an interface function, where the computational function is
referenced via
model.sim = list('myComputationalFunction',5);
in the 'define' section.
myComputationalFunction is loaded to Scilab already in the startup file.

when trying to run a model consisting of my blocks I get (at debug level 2)
the following output in Scilab:
block 1 is called with flag 4 at time 0.000000
Undefined Function type
block 2 is called with flag 4 at time 0.000000
Undefined Function type
block 1 is called with flag 5 at time 0.000000
Undefined Function type
block 2 is called with flag 5 at time 0.000000
Undefined Function type

I know that the computational function isn't even entered because I placed
there some disp() statements.

Is this a bug in Scilab/XCos? Or is function type 5 not supported in the
current version?

thanks in advance, stefan