[Scilab-users] Mathematical Modelling using Xcos

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Thu Jun 18 18:20:58 CEST 2015

On Thu, 2015-06-18 at 00:15 -0700, Parthageet wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am doing a project and I am supposed to do the mathematical modelling for
> a Phase Locked Loop. Can anyone please help me in this regard? Actually, I
> am unable to figure out how to device a mathematical model for PLL using
> XCOS in Scilab.

Are you having trouble with the mathematical modeling part, or the XCos
part?

The biggest issue that I find in modeling phase-locked loops is first in
deciding what sort of model I want (i.e., do you want a full-on
continuous-time circuit model, a fully linearized model of the loop in
lock, or something in between), and then, if I'm modeling something more
abstract (e.g. a fully linearized model), how I want to represent
everything (this is particularly challenging if the fully linearized
model is in sampled time, and uses something non-traditional for the
phase detect, "NCO", or both).

--

Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com