[Scilab-users] Redefined function does not remain redefined in macro

DominicErnst dominic.ernst at bystronic.com
Thu Jun 25 09:22:30 CEST 2015

Hi Tim

Thank you for the hint. I actually do totally agree to your suggestion that
this is not very good style. I thought, that since I will most probably
never use the function beta in this particular project I could risk this
kind of usage. However, I will try to avoid redefining built-in functions in
the future.
But first I will have to define a naming convention if I come across such
situations again. Luckily, there are not many functions that will cause this
issue.

In my opinion it is always preferable to have short but meaningful variable
names, such that code remains readable, be it for me after a long time or
for others. But with a good naming convention one can achieve this goal.

Thank you very much for your input, I appreciate it very much. It gives the
impression to be supported by the community, which is very valuable.

Best,

Dominic

-----
--