[Scilab-users] ATOMS module

Arsh ashuarsh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 10:39:12 CET 2015

Hey, I came across a similar problem with the atoms module recently :

Previously I was only an end-user and using the Windows installation of
Scilab(scilab-5.5.1.exe) on my system that runs Windows 8.1 Pro and I didn't
encounter any troubles with the atoms module. It was using the 5.5 repo :

-->atomsRepositoryList()
 ans  =

!http://atoms.scilab.org/5.5           official  !
!                                                !
!http://scene10.test.atoms.scilab.org  user      !

However recently, I was looking at development and contribution (gsoc), so I
needed to build the code available on git (which has only the 5.6 repo by
deafult) :
-->atomsRepositoryList()
 ans  =

!http://atoms.scilab.org/5.6  official  !

This is what happened when I tried to use the atoms module :

-->atomsInstall("distfun");

!
!
!
!
!gzip: C:\Users\MICROS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\SCI_TM~4\ATOMS~1\1_TOOLBOXES.gz:
not in gzip format  !
WARNING: atomsDESCRIPTIONget: Extraction of the DESCRIPTION file
('C:\Users\MICROS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\SCI_TM~4\ATOMS~1\1_TOOLBOXES.gz') has
failed.
Scanning repository http://atoms.scilab.org/5.6 ... Skipped

I decided to just go back to 5.5 repository as it worked fine previously :

-->atomsRepositoryAdd("http://atoms.scilab.org/5.5")

There's something amiss with the 5.6 it seems (currently gives an error404
page - verified by
http://mailinglists.scilab.org/Scilab-users-atoms-install-doesn-t-work-tc4031708.html).
It doesn't explain why you're still facing troubles with 5.5 though, but I
wanted to point out that the default list of repositories should have 5.5
until 5.6 is down.
Thanks

Arshdeep