[Scilab-users] gettext(): how to force the output language?

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Tue Mar 10 09:13:20 CET 2015

Hello Samuel,

Le lundi 09 mars 2015 à 22:36 +0100, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
> In an application (external module), i need to translate one of the
> registered gettext items, not into the current language, but into
> another one. In brief, i wish to force the language into which i need
> to translate the item.
> How could it be possible to do that?
> Is a new gettext option needed?

The example of gettext [1] use the "setlanguage" to switch to a specific
locale. I may have miss something but the GNU gettext API [2] does not
provide a function to retrieve a localized string for a specific locale
without switching into it globally.

[1]: http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.5.1/en_US/gettext.html
[2]: https://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/gettext.html

Regards,