[Scilab-users] GROCER: ms_var throwing errors during estimation in case of a VAR

dnayak dnayak at ncsu.edu
Fri Mar 13 14:51:19 CET 2015

Hi Eric,

I used the new MSVAR_SetInit.sci that you sent me yesterday. I used the
getd command to load the new script and then proceeded as before.

This time GROCER is not throwing any error, but I am not sure whether it is
working at all.

After I run the estimation process, I get the message ----- 'Type 'resume'
or 'abort' to return to standard level prompt.'. Previously, GROCER would
print the initial values set by the program for the different parameters
and then go into the optimization step, when it would asked me to wait.
Nothing like that is happening now. Also, I can see a lot of variables get
loaded into the variable browser, which do not bear any meaning for me.

Am I following the right process? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Deb