[Scilab-users] Scilab/xcos 5.5.1 not working with Win XP

John Pote johnhpote at o2.co.uk
Thu Mar 26 01:07:01 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

I have installed Scilab 5.5.1 on my Windows XP box. Initially I had
trouble starting it up because Normaliz.dll could not be found. A copy
of this dll is now installed on the computer and Sci lab starts up as
normal.

However, although xcos starts ok it does not run. I can drag some
functional blocks from the pallet to the design window and connect them
together. But when I run the simulation a graphics window opens but does
not render properly. Some of the original window remains visible at the
bottom edge of the graphics window. No graphs are drawn and the 'run'
does not end. Anyone any ideas how to fix this problem?

PC: Win XP Professional with service pack 3 (32 bit). 4 GB RAM. Dual
screen operation on an ATI Radeon graphics card.

Any help appreciated as will not be able to use xcos until this problem
solved.

John