[Scilab-users] New computer, graphics(?) crashes

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Wed May 27 01:19:55 CEST 2015

Running a Scilab algorithm that puts up a lot of graphs, Scilab crashes
with the report below.  It's only happened with Scilab, but it appears
to be the video driver that's complaining, so I don't know if this is a
problem with Linux or with Scilab.  The processor is an AMD A10 with
on-board video processing which is considerably different from my
12-year-old Dell that this computer is replacing.

Does anyone have clues for the clueless?  Particularly suggestions for
isolating, fixing, or working around the problem?

radeon: Failed to allocate a buffer:
radeon:    size      : 3328 bytes
radeon:    alignment : 256 bytes
radeon:    domains   : 2
EE ../../../../../../src/gallium/drivers/radeon/r600_texture.c:1012
r600_texture_transfer_map - failed to create temporary texture to hold
untiled copy
radeon: Failed to allocate a buffer:
radeon:    size      : 1280 bytes
radeon:    alignment : 256 bytes