[Scilab-users] Accidentally displaying huge matrices

Lamy Alain Alain.Lamy at cnes.fr
Wed May 27 10:06:00 CEST 2015

It does not seem so simple to me.

A = rand(1000, 1000);

disp(A)
=> we probably don't want see all the values

disp(A(1:100,1))
=> we probably expect to see all the elements from 1 to 100 (for debugging purposes)

A = [1,2; 3,4]
=> we expect to see [1,2; 3,4]

L = list of 1000 elements
disp(L)
=> we don't necessarily want all the values displayed
(but sometimes we want)

etc...

Maybe define a second function  ?

disp => displays in the "julia" way (for instance)
disp_all =>  display all elements whatever the size (it's the user responsibility to limit the size to something reasonable)

Alain