[Scilab-users] Accidentally displaying huge matrices

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Wed May 27 10:46:50 CEST 2015

Le 27/05/2015 10:06, Lamy Alain a écrit :
> Maybe define a second function  ?
>
> disp => displays in the "julia" way (for instance)
> disp_all =>  display all elements whatever the size (it's the user responsibility to limit the size to something reasonable)
I guess that Serge was wondering about the default display, when an
instruction is not followed by ";".
disp() is something else. When we use disp(), the output is intentional
and required. So there should not have any abstract with disp().

For the default output, i rather agree with Serge. But the limit between
a full display and an abstract should be tunable (in addition to a
switch to an non-wrapped mode).
For instance, a max number of lines set through lines() <0 could mean
that an abstract is preferred for taller output. If it is >0, the
pagging mode is preferred. And if it is 0, no limit would be set (as it
is presently).

Samuel