[Scilab-users] New computer, graphics(?) crashes

Antoine Monmayrant amonmayr at laas.fr
Thu May 28 08:42:13 CEST 2015

Le Jeudi 28 Mai 2015 06:54 CEST, Tim Wescott <tim at wescottdesign.com> a écrit:

> Strike that, I'm running 12.04.  Dang.  Time to upgrade, I guess.

Yep, first thing to do.
And keep on digging on the videocard driver side if you still have troubles.
Scilab tends to be a good way to detect buggy video drivers!
Getting a cheap videocard with decent drivers might be the easiest way to solve your problem.
You might try to ask other Linux users what card they have and whether they get graphics related crashes.

Antoine