[Scilab-users] Help to understand XCOS

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Thu Oct 8 17:34:48 CEST 2015

Hello Eddie,

To clarify and give you a broader view, in Xcos you are basically
managing :
 * inputs / outputs : propagate the data
 * events : control the data flow
 * states : that represent data *inside* a block

In the integral block, we have a state containing the "integral of
previous values" and the initial value is by default equal to zero.

If you set the initial state to another value, the initial starting
point will vary however we can not "predict" your ideal initial value ;
it depends on your system !

As an example, on the Lorenz demo you can change the initial values and
this will give completely different results (and plots) but the system
is the same !

Note: the plot works like the traditional scope, it just read the
inputs at the given frequency and that's it. It will not hide or show
you anything else (thinks about sub-sampling issues).

Regards,

--
Clément