[Scilab-users] interactive graphical window

Antoine Monmayrant amonmayr at laas.fr
Fri Oct 30 07:56:40 CET 2015

I just started playing with guis and interactive plots for a set of lectures I am giving.
I can send you the (terrible) things I've made.
BTW, I think the Scilab community could do with a set of recent and clear tutorials on how to use uicontrols to do  interactive plots.
For example, the new constraints system to place uicontrols in a smart way is quite difficult to understand and the help pages are not that helpful:

    constraints = createConstraints(constraintsType, varargin)

    "none" or "nolayout": No constraints will be added to the uicontrol layout.
    "grid": A grid layout constraint.
    "border": A border layout constraint.
    "gridbag": A gridbag layout constraint.

A nice tutorial where the different placement strategies are explained in layman terms and compared to each other could help!

Cheers,

Antoine