[Scilab-users] interactive graphical window

Clément David clement.david at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri Oct 30 08:21:40 CET 2015

Hello all,

In fact, we just mapped some Java layout to the UIControls API. To have
nice tutorials on that refers to the Java Layouts [1] tutorials. And
for beginners on UI, I strongly suggests you to use Netbeans Swing GUI
Builder [2] or Eclipse Swing Designer [3] to discover panel placement
strategies.

Currently we do not have any Scilab code generation backend for these
tools but I agree that manual coding UI might be hard and we have to
improve that situation (of course no deadline, no defined features yet
:) ).

[1]: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/layout/visual.html
[2]: https://netbeans.org/features/java/swing.html
[3]: http://www.eclipse.org/windowbuilder/