[Scilab-users] Function

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 23:51:11 CEST 2015

Hi Christophe, et al.

Sarcasm can create an unpleasant atmosphere, which is generally not
desirable in a forum. Just ot be clear, I don't see any sarcasm in my
own response. If you see it otherwise, please explain.

When it comes to my points, please bear in mind that I did find the
question by Peter Q highly suspicious. I think that very simple
questions needs to be turned over and studied further. Also please be
aware that if young people show up and need answers, it could interfere
with educational programs. Therefore skepticism may be just right under
certain circumstances.

An approach for helpers in the forum could be, that if a question is
very simple, consider asking questions, like for example "what is the
general purpose?" - and/or - "can you explain more about the problem
you're trying to solve?"

I appreciate Samuels reply in that the answer may not be so simple, if
the space is not a simple cartesian space. This was also part of the
thoughts underlying my response. I was thinking, "where's the catch?"

I do think that the forum members should be concerned with interfering
with educational programs (like classes in school).

Best regards,
Claus