[Scilab-users] uman 2.0 is released <= Re: uman : help in the console, with language switch, automatic redirections, related online pages.

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Thu Apr 14 09:12:41 CEST 2016

Hello,

I am glad to announce the release of /uman 2.0/ on ATOMS, for Scilab 5
as well as for Scilab 6.0.
uman 2.0 is available through the ATOMS manager.
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/uman

After installing uman 2.0, users formerly using a previous uman version
must do the following before the very first use of 2.0:
rmdir("SCIHOME\uman", "s")

uman 2.0 is a major version:
  * Its search engine has been rewritten
  * It proposes many new features

Check its release notes where features are briefly presented with
illustrations and examples:
https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/uman/2.0.5/files/uman_2.0_Release_notes.pdf

In addition to embedded pages, new uman online help pages are available
there
<http://sgougeon.free.fr/scilab/help/uman/scilab_en_US_help/section_70b3e46fabc54d09cb0823651505ac51.html>.

Hoping that uman 2.0 will be useful to all Scilab users, developers, as
well as
translators or people using (fr, ja, pt, ru) or other languages than
en_US english,

Enjoy!
Samuel