[Scilab-users] Help us define what Scilab can do in control system

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Apr 18 21:23:13 CEST 2016

Hello Yann,

Why not starting from Serge Steer's proposal and discussing it:
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/14239
Actual proposal: http://bugzilla.scilab.org/attachment.cgi?id=4184

In a general case, the only thing i would say about it (as about any
other one), is that
no subsection should have less that 4-5 entries. For proposed
sub(-sub)sections with
less than 4 entries, these ones should be transfered at the root of the
parent section.
E.g.:

Control Design
   /Linear quadratic
     gcare
     ... ~10 entries : OK
   /Pole  placement
     kpure
     krac2
     ppol
     stabil
   /Tracking
     gfrancis              NOK
   /Disturbance decoupling
    ddp                  NOK
   /H-infinity
     ccontrg
     dhinf
     dhnorm
     ... > 5 entries : OK

*should rather be*

Control Design
   /Linear quadratic
     gcare
     ... ~10 entries : OK
   /Pole  placement
     kpure
     krac2
     ppol
     stabil
   /H-infinity
     ccontrg
     dhinf
     dhnorm
     ... > 5 entries : OK
   gfrancis ddp

For my part, i hate loosing my time in exploring deep levels having
almost nothing.
 From having for years not a single subsection with 140 functions on the
same common box, to having too many subsections poorly populated, i
think there is a wise middle way.
If further functions are implemented and may feed a new common
subsection, then it will never be too late to create it later when
really needed and meaningful.

Best regards
Samuel