[Scilab-users] Help us define what Scilab can do in control system

Yann DEBRAY yann.debray at scilab-enterprises.com
Mon Apr 18 20:08:31 CEST 2016

Hello Scilab user,

We would like to develop Scilab further in specific fields such as
*Control System* and that starts by making Scilab features clearer. For
now the Scilab online help
<https://help.scilab.org/docs/5.5.2/en_US/section_46d43fa43588512dc7dc2c3d190b775b.html>
is quite hard to operate. So, we are beginning to organize it starting
with the control system (CACSD
<https://help.scilab.org/docs/5.5.2/en_US/section_64a8529216e858b335b0e6c058385350.html>)
features. Here is a first shot:

*LTI model generation and manipulation*
# Discrete and continuous time
# State-space and transfer function representations
*Analyzing model*
# Evans for root locus
# Steady state error
# Bode, Nyquist and Black
# Time, frequency response
*Designing and tuning control systems*
#PID, LQG tuning

It is incomplete and obviously superficial. That is why we need a
competent opinion.
--> Please give us feedback about how you would like it to be organized ;)

Yann Debray
For the Scilab Team