[Scilab-users] Cubic spline

Claus Futtrup cfuttrup at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 20:30:52 CEST 2016

Hi all (I  made a new subject)

Thank you Antoine for the link to David Goldberg. Not exactly easy
reading (and 44 pages of it).

I found it interesting in my search for better calculations in Scilab
that there are specific ways to handle hypothenuses.

I also dug into a text by Michael Baudin about Floating Points in Scilab:
forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/docscifloat/downloads/get/floatingpoint_v0.1.pdf
(David Goldberg is one of his references)

Here the special works of hypothenuses is further supported (page 43-44
onward).

I wonder, does Scilab have the hypot function, similar to Matlab? ...
Googling gives me no hits for Scilab but a page of hits with Matlab. For
example http://blogs.mathworks.com/loren/2008/02/07/why-hypot/

/Claus