[Scilab-users] root object: get(0)

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Mon Dec 5 13:50:25 CET 2016

Le 05/12/2016 13:15, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :
> I didn't know.. but using the same handle for the console and the root
> window is very misleading to me. Scilab is full of misleading stuff
> like this...

Right. Already, this get(0) object is named "Console" while its
available properties are all about the screen device ;)
IMO,

  * the true root should rather be either the screen or the IDE or the
    "system" as addressed with getsystemmetrics(). In all cases, the
    "Console" would already be one of its children.
  * the true console properties would rather be:
      o its sizes : lines(),
      o its background color
      o its font_family
      o its font_color
      o its font_size
      o its menus
      o its toolbar status
      o its toolbar contents, one child per tool:
          + icon
          + callback
      o the text of its status bar
      o ...

A short dream during the nap:

  * rename the get(0) object "System" (likely in %h_p())
  * make all properties addressed with getsystemmetrics() properties of
    get(0)

SG