[Scilab-users] {EXT} image area mask for applying for filter

Dang Ngoc Chan, Christophe Christophe.Dang at sidel.com
Mon Dec 12 16:52:23 CET 2016

Hello,

Tools for image processing are in dedicated toolboxes, see
https://atoms.scilab.org/categories/image_processing
but I don't know these so I can't advise you.

Concerning a mask, you may extract a part of the image.
Let us suppose your image is a matrix called mpict.
If your mask is represented by a condition,
then you can create a matrix of booleans, called e.g. mbool, in which
the (m, n) boolean is true when the condition is true for the (m, n) element of the picture.

You can then extract the zone with
mpict(mbool)

HTH

--