[Scilab-users] Mac OS Sierra version 10.12.2

Paul Bignier paul.bignier at scilab-enterprises.com
Mon Dec 19 09:40:01 CET 2016

Hello Jairo,

Here is a clear workaround to run the 5.5.2 version: replace
scilab/SuperCC/Dev-Tools/trunk/SE/Prerequirements/macosx/lib/thirdparty/libBLAS.dylib
(here you can see that the 10.12 folder is missing, corresponding to
Sierra) by
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib.

We are currently packaging a binary version 6 containing that fix, we
should release it soon. Have a look at
http://www.scilab.org/en/development/nightly_builds/master every once in
a while and try the binary.

Have a good day,
Paul

On 12/18/2016 03:30 PM, Jairo Alonso Tunjano wrote:
> Few months before, I change my macOS to Sierra (version 10.12.2) , and
> now I cant open Scilab.
> I proof  this versions :
> scilab-6.0.0-beta-2-x86_64
> Scilab scilab-5.5.2.1-x86_64_yosemite
> scilab-5.5.2.1-x86_64
> When I try to open the software Scilab I obtain this message:
> This version of Scilab will probably fail on this system (10.12.2):
> Scilab requires 10.6.5 (Snow Leopard) or newer system.
>
> Please explain me how to do to work with Scilab in my PC.
> I use Scilab in academic purpose

Paul BIGNIER
Development engineer
Scilab Enterprises
143bis rue Yves Le Coz - 78000 Versailles, France
Phone: +33.1.80.77.04.68
http://www.scilab-enterprises.com