[Scilab-users] Using Scinetcdf module

Simon Marchetto simon.marchetto at scilab-enterprises.com
Fri Feb 5 11:45:57 CET 2016

Hello Lester ,

As explained in the ncwrite() help page, you have to create first the
variable with nccreate() before writing it.
As Hy is probably a matrix, you may have to specify also its dimensions
as argument of nccreate(). And eventually its type, if it is not double.
See the documentation for help.

About your script:

ncwrite(filename, 'Hilb_Hy','Hy')

With this, you write the string 'Hy' into the variable 'Hilb_Hy', I
don't think that's what you want to do.

Regards,

Simon

Le 05/02/2016 11:31, Lester Anderson a écrit :
> Hello Harpreet,
>
> I altered the code a bit but still get a problem
>
> Hy = hilbert(grav);
> filename = fullfile('Q:\geophys\Gz_Hy.grd') // set output filename
> // ncwrite(filename, varname, vardata, [start, [stride]])
> ncwrite(filename, 'Hilb_Hy','Hy') // write variable Hilb_Hy with data from Hy
>
> Error message:
>
> ncwrite(filename, 'Hilb_Hy','Hy') // write variable Hilb_Hy with data from Hy
>                                    !--error 999
> ncwrite: nc_inq_varid() returned the error -49: NetCDF: Variable not found.
> at line       6 of exec file called by :
> exec('Q:\geophys\Lester\SCILAB_work\netcdf1.sce', -1)
>
> In this case I want to define a variable name Hilb_Hy (although can
> use any name really) in the netCDF file and write the output of the
> Hilbert (Hy) transform.
>
> Cannot see the solution
>

> On 5 February 2016 at 10:15, Harpreet Singh Rathore
> <harpreet.mertia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear Lester,
>>
>> As I can see the error is saying minimum 3 inputs are required. And after
>> going through the help of the following function, you also have to pass the
>> value which you have to store in the 'Hy'. You can go through the help files
>> of ncwrite by typing help ncwrite in the console.
>>
>> Regards
>> Harpreet
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Lester Anderson <arctica1963 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hello all
>>>
>>> I am looking to use the sciNetCDF module to work with GMT grid files
>>> but have some issues.
>>>
>>> Reading a GMT grid is not a problem as far as I can tell, so the
>>> following does read the file (and z variable), storing the values in
>>> the grav array:
>>>
>>> source = fullfile('Q:\geophys\Gz.grd')
>>> grav = ncread(source,'z')
>>> Hy = hilbert(grav); // write Hy variable to new file
>>>
>>> I am having problems with writing out the processed data e.g write a
>>> new grid (Gz_Hy.grd) with the Hilbert transform solution
>>>
>>> filename = fullfile('Q:\geophys\Gz_Hy.grd')
>>> ncwrite(filename, 'Hy') // does not work
>>>
>>> Error return:
>>>
>>> ncwrite(filename, 'Hy')
>>>                         !--error 77
>>> ncwrite: Wrong number of input argument(s): 3 to 5 expected.
>>> at line       5 of exec file called by :
>>> exec('Q:\geophys\Lester\SCILAB_work\netcdf1.sce', -1)
>>>
>>> Any advice would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Lester