[Scilab-users] ?==?utf-8?q? ?==?utf-8?q? ?= Put an image as the background of an axi

Antoine Monmayrant amonmayr at laas.fr
Tue Feb 9 13:36:06 CET 2016

Le Mardi 9 Février 2016 10:26 CET, Jan Åge Langeland <j-lan at online.no> a écrit:

> On 09.02.2016 09:09, Antoine Monmayrant wrote:
> >
> > Le Mardi 9 Février 2016 08:34 CET, Philipp Mühlmann <p.muehlmann at gmail.com> a écrit:
> >
> >> Well, the base function behind "ShowImage" is "Matplot".
> > I don't get what you mean.
> > ---
> > 2nd: it might become tricky if you want to have negative values on the axis.
> > Probably there is a way to shift the image to other position within the
> > coordinate system?
> >
> If you look at the source code for ShowImage you should be able to
> figure out how to plot an image with matplot(). However  the tricky part
> may be to get the image imported into Scilab without IPD. This is done
> in c++  with ReadImageFile.cpp.
> https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/IPD/8.3.2/files/IPD-8.3.2-1-src.zip
>
> If you manage to get an image into a graphical window, the purpose of
> newaxes() is to make the XY range of the plot independent of the pixel
> ranges.

Ah, OK, I get your point now: if I can convert my image into scilab data, I can plot this data and overlap an axis ontop.
Of course, you are right.
I was trying to use the uicontrol "image" to avoid the hassle of conversion and directly use the image, well as an image!
You are right, I can convert my image into ppm, load my ppm image into scilab as rgb hypermatrix and use Matplot + overlapped plots to get a backgournd.

Thanks,

Antoine