[Scilab-users] ?= ?==?utf-8?q? Put an image as the background of an axi

Philipp Mühlmann p.muehlmann at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 17:49:15 CET 2016

Just a side question to Antoine:

What do you mean with uicontrol "image".

Do you speak about creating an uicontrol of type "image" and try to put an
image into that uicontrol?

I tried this a couple of times, but didn't manage how to do that.
Never worked.

But I always thought this is a bug from the uicontrol and not from IPD or
SIVP.

Best regards,
Philipp

> Le Mardi 9 Février 2016 10:26 CET, Jan Åge Langeland <j-lan at online.no> a
> écrit:
>

> > On 09.02.2016 09:09, Antoine Monmayrant wrote:

> > > I don't get what you mean.
> > > ---
> > > 2nd: it might become tricky if you want to have negative values on the
> axis.
> > > Probably there is a way to shift the image to other position within the
> > > coordinate system?
> > >
> > If you look at the source code for ShowImage you should be able to
> > figure out how to plot an image with matplot(). However  the tricky part
> > may be to get the image imported into Scilab without IPD. This is done
> > in c++  with ReadImageFile.cpp.
> > https://atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/IPD/8.3.2/files/IPD-8.3.2-1-src.zip
> >
> > If you manage to get an image into a graphical window, the purpose of
> > newaxes() is to make the XY range of the plot independent of the pixel
> > ranges.
>

> Ah, OK, I get your point now: if I can convert my image into scilab data,
> I can plot this data and overlap an axis ontop.
> Of course, you are right.
> I was trying to use the uicontrol "image" to avoid the hassle of
> conversion and directly use the image, well as an image!
> You are right, I can convert my image into ppm, load my ppm image into
> scilab as rgb hypermatrix and use Matplot + overlapped plots to get a
> backgournd.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Antoine
>

> > Jan Å