[Scilab-users] Maxima(Symbolic) Toolbox

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Wed Feb 10 18:13:29 CET 2016

On Wed, 2016-02-10 at 16:20 +0530, Lavitha Pereira wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I am trying to install 'Maxima' and facing issues. Has anyone
> installed it on 'Scilab 5.2.2'(Ubuntu/any Linux OS)?. Is there any
> better toolbox than Maxima available?.
>
> I have installed the dependencies perl, overloading,maxima separately
> and facing problem while integrating them.
>

> Error below:
>

> -->ilib_build('overload',table,files,[],'',ldflags,include,include,%
> f,'');
>  !--error 999
> ilib_build: Wrong value for input argument #3: existing file(s)
> expected.
> at line      46 of function ilib_build called by :
> ilib_build('overload',table,files,[],'',ldflags,include,include,%
> f,'');
> at line      31 of exec file called by :
> exec builder_src.sce

FWIW I use both Maxima (usually via WxMaxima) and Scilab fairly heavily.
I use them separately and have never felt a need to have them merged.
Generally my symbolic and my numerical calculations happen at
significantly different times in my workflow, so why try to bolt them
together?

I don't know if this applies to you, of course.

--

Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com