[Scilab-users] Maxima(Symbolic) Toolbox

Philippe Roux rouxph.22 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 20:17:55 CET 2016

hi,

I use mainly scimax toolbox , they are 2 requirements :

1) you have to work on linux
2) you have to install the overload toolbox before scimax toolbox  (install
it from atoms from atoms)
http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/overload/

then you can install  scimax with scilab 5.5.2, I have not installed scimax
from atoms but from git.forge.scilab
(https://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/scimax/source/tree/master/) .

 With the last versions of scilab/maxima  some maxima functions can't be
overloaded (like erf) so you have to modify some file created by build.sce
to run the load.sce of scimax  (see work around in
https://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/scimax/issues/1560/  )

for me it works perfectly, IMHO symbolic expressions are easier to handle in
scilab (with scimax) than in wxmaxima, for examplescilab matrix of symbolic
expression is really simpler than maxima  ones, or writing text files  from
symbolic expression is so easy with scilab compared to maxima !  I should
write some tutorial about it ....

Philippe