[Scilab-users] Error occured while loading PIMS

Leon Bevc lebevc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 10:02:04 CET 2016

For Scilab 5.5.0 there was a known bug in PIMS:

If you get an error message, here is a a workaround (Scilab 5.5 only):
    - close Scilab
    - open terminal and execute:     git clone
git://git.forge.scilab.org/pims.git

Files from "git" are cloned into "pims" folder (in the context of terminal).
    - open Scilab, navigate to "pims" folder
    - execute "builder.sce" (right click / Execute)
    - refresh file list and execute "loader.sce"
    - Close Scilab and manually copy files from "pims" folder to
"SCIHOME" folder which is usually:
/home/'user_name'/.Scilab/scilab-5.5.0/atoms/PIMS/1.0-1/ ==>
overwrite existing files!

You can now delete "pims" foder created with "git".