[Scilab-users] Error occured while loading PIMS

Leon Bevc lebevc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 10:27:54 CET 2016

For GNU-Linux users, related to Ubuntu 14.04 and derivatives:

If you get an error message loading PIMS, here is a workaround (Scilab
5.5.0 only):
    - close Scilab
    - install "git" application: *sudo apt-get install git*
    - open terminal and execute:   *git clone
git://git.forge.scilab.org/pims.git <http://git.forge.scilab.org/pims.git>*

Files from "git" are cloned into "pims" folder (in the context of terminal).
    - open Scilab, navigate to downloaded "pims" folder
    - execute "*builder.sce*" (right click / Execute)
    - refresh file list and execute "*loader.sce*"
    - Close Scilab and manually copy files from "pims" folder to "SCIHOME"
folder "*disp(SCIHOME)*", which is usually something like  "
*/home/'user_name'/.Scilab/scilab-5.5.0/atoms/PIMS/1.0-1/*" ==> overwrite
existing files!

You can now delete "pims" foder created with "git".