[Scilab-users] linking help pages to each other

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Fri Feb 19 09:38:12 CET 2016

Hello,

Le 19/02/2016 08:58, Philipp Mühlmann a écrit :
> OK, here an example:
>
> all functions are within one and the same external module.
>
> The toolbox is named    IR_TBX
>
> code sniplet from the help xml-file:
>
> <refsection role="see also">
>         <title>See Also</title>
>         <simplelist type="inline">
>             <member>
>                 <link linkend="IR_TBX">FLIR_IMGGetFrame</link>
>             </member>
>         </simplelist>
>  </refsection>
>

> that somehow does not link to the help page of FLIR_IMGGetFrame
Because your linkend tag does not specify the target:
In the head of each XML page, the entry
<refentry ... xml:id="the_page_id" xml:lang="en">
specifies the id of the page, whatever is its language (specified with
the xml:lang="en" for en_US here, or any other language)
If you want to target this page, the linkend must indicate the proper
xml id:
So, in the XML file of your FLIR_IMGGetFrame() help page, you must specify
<refentry ... xml:id="FLIR_IMGGetFrame" xml:lang="en">
and in the "See also" of another page willing to target the
FLIR_IMGGetFrame page, you must specify
<link linkend="IR_TBX.help/FLIR_IMGGetFrame">FLIR_IMGGetFrame</link>
or more simply
<link linkend="FLIR_IMGGetFrame">FLIR_IMGGetFrame</link>

HTH
Samuel Gougeon

PS : By the way, i am as well working with a FLIR (S60), through its
serial connection. So i am eager to discover your toolbox :)
I should publish soon in 2016 a Scilab driver for the S60, on
FileExchange, with other drivers i pushed there.