[Scilab-users] support on scilab 6 new debug feature

CHEZE David 227480 david.cheze at cea.fr
Fri Jan 29 09:46:36 CET 2016

Hi Clement,

I'm running the scilab6  alpha 2 on WIN7-64bits and I actually read help page about debug. Currently I'm updating a module that runs well with scilab5.5.1 to Scilab 6 and I've an issue: that's the context for using new debug instead of former "pause".
Then I start :
debug
break myfunctioninmymodule
exec demoofmymodule.sce

and it fails, complaining about expecting end of line etc...

To be able to debug I have to put the debug command in my demos script and then execute the script.
Then it works.
Break> n

 But it's not what I would have expect and understand by reading the help page (what is very useful in the newx debug feature is  that you should not have to modify the code itself). That's why I was looking about debugging Scilab modules for examples, maybe I've done something wrong.

Thank you for feedback,

David